Optimizing Team Result Through Better Coordination
A peaceful island is on the verge of attack by some forces believed to be not of earthly nature. The team will need to coordinate their effort to eliminate this threat. With limitations on each team, the will be required to rely on one another for strength in numbers. However, each team will have to act independently by trusting the judgment of the team, and most of all, themselves.
- Coordination of effort to optimize result
- Trusting the capability of others
- Improving the trust of others on us
- Being solution focused
- Take calculated risks
- Observing trends and communicating our conclusions to the larger team
- Balancing sacrifice with personal win
Critical Problem Solving
Teams will play the role of an investigation squad that is assigned to solve a mysterious bomb blast at a laboratory. Their quest to gather and connect the dots will take them globally to interview suspects and individuals that may help in the investigation. Investigators will unravel the mystery by analyzing the intertwining shreds of evidence and fragment of information, before another possible disaster. The ability to analyze the facts and find the pattern will be crucial for the investigation team to present their case for the arrest and conviction of the real culprit.
- Gathering facts through divergent thinking
- Recognizing information pattern
- Critical thinking and decision making
- How assumptions derail our logical faculty
- Staying open to explore enough possibilities
- Narrowing possibilities through convergent thinking
Train to Siberia
Effective Decision Making
Set in a time after World War 1 and the Spanish Flu just cleared. Team members role-play specific characters and they are on a train journey when suddenly they are faced with a catastrophe. They will have step-up and make some leadership decisions and work together to use all available resources and their creativity to find a solution and mitigate the calamity. Teams will need to trust one another and make sound decisions quickly to save the situation. Every decision will have its rewards and consequences.
- Quick decisions
- Relying on the ability within the team
- Having the right person for the right outcome
- Weighing considerations for sound decisions
- Focusing on outcome despite the doubt and mistrust
- Creative thinking
Team Synergy to Maximize Performance
A post-hurricane scenario when teams will work to rebuild their homes. They will determine the components for their construction. In the absence of a blueprint due to the catastrophe, teams will rely on their logic and determine what is most important.
- Seeing the bigger picture of what is important as a community
- Individual department’s independence and interdependence
- Focusing on the Win
- Being aware of how each departments affect one another’s outcome
- Examining the team’s culture to ensure harmonious productivity
Team Empowerment & Empathy
Participants are required to load their individual cargo for shipment. Due to the limited space, teams must find the optimum way to ensure their cargo is ready for shipment.
- Empathy for team members
- Patience as a process of empowerment
- Allowing team members to learn and providing support
- Leadership to create collaboration